Re: Snake bites

I think one needs to take the time to learn how to treat snake bits.  I know I
do before I go packin agian.  For the second time in the Smokies I almost
stepped on a timber rattler snake.  He was was about 1.5 inches or larger in
diameter.  He could have bit me if he wanted too.  I often hike alone and I did
not have a snake bit kit with me.  THAT WILL CHANGE!  Plus I need to learn how
to use it.  I think snakes can be more harful to a hike than bears.

Here at school, rather be pack'in!