Hello

O.k., I guess I should introduce myself. My name is George and I am fairly
new to backpacking. I am planning on doing a thru-hike in 97 (hopefully that
will give me enough time to make several more hikes, and learn a bit more
about what I am doing) and was wondering what is a good time to start. I am
thinking about setting off on March 1 so as to avoid some of the crowds, but
I am concerned about the weather. Any advice on this, or any other aspect of
doing a thru-hike would be greatly appreciated.

 George