Re: AT Conference in Harrisonburg

>On Sun, 9 Jul 1995, Kathy Bilton wrote:
>> particular.  (The App. Nat. Scenic Trail is on the list of park
>> service sites that are considered to be dispensable.  I'm not sure
>> who has drawn up the list.)
>>
>Please let us know what we can do (letters, etc) to fight this.
>-Milt

Actually, the AT is in a much better position to survive on its own than
many other Park facilities.  Most of the AT corridor has been purchased at
this point, and the trail is serviced/maintained by a large cadre of trail
clubs.  Loss of funding, at least, would not be totally disasterous.

Just a thought.

Andy
....Find my Home Page on the World Wide Web at:
http://io.datasys.swri.edu/PATC/andy.html