Southern PA Suggestions

I am planning a short overnight backpacking trip this weekend.  I have
been thinking of going to the AT in southern PA (between Penmar and Pine
Grove Furnance more or less).  I was wondering if anyone could give me
any suggestions of a nice area for just an overnight.  I generally go to
Shenandoah NP for overnights.  Figure between Virginia 95 and 4th of July
weekend, SNP would be a bad choice.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

I have really been enjoying this mailing list.  I have hiked much of the
AT in VA, and sections in TN/NC, WV, MD, and NH.  I think the thing I
most enjoy is trip reports.

Thanks.

David Smith