Tag hike

Does anyone have any info about some sort of "Tag" hike that's
currently ongoing on the A.T.?  I heard today that a bunch  of
folks organized a "thru" hike via computer - I guess in the
Backpacker area on AOL - to do a sort of relay thru-hike.
Apparently someone(s) started on Trail's Day in Maine and the hike
is supposed to continue until December.  A Logbook is to be carried
which will be passed on to the next person(s) doing the next
segment of the hike.

--Kathy Bilton