[at-l] circuit hikes near dc

On Mar 28, 2006, at 10:59 AM, Gary Ticknor wrote:

> The problem is not to find good hikes in the NoVa/MD area, but to
> find a 30 mile CIRCUIT hike. Could you consider spotting cars and
> doing a linear hike instead? Or line up a shuttle? SNP makes a
> great hike, and is graded trail, although certainly not as flat as
> the C&O.

Yes, I've considered getting a shuttle.  I don't have a second car
available.  It would be easier planning-wise to have one large
circuit rather than arranging a shuttle.

I've done the AT in SNP and many of the side trails over and over.
I'll go there if I can't find anything else but it's not my first
choice this time.

-amy