[at-l] What I've been doin'

Hello again:

I case there are some who are wondering what I've been doing these past two
years:

First:  The AT hikers [past and present] are one of the foremost in my mind
as to admiration and support

Secondly: For those whom I've not been in touch, I've been active as a
volunteer Chaplain for the Vermont Army National Guard.  This has happened
because all of the Vermont ARNGs were deployed to Iraq and they were shot
handed.  I've been working with families and loved ones left behind.  At
this time, most of the VARNG soldiers have returned [except those in Task
Force Saber, deployed in a very dangerous area near Ramadi.]  I will remain
as Casualty Notification Officer for the short term until they return home.
Then I will become more active once again in the hiking community.

At the age of 70, I'm still x-c skiing and intend to be on a White Mountain
top or more this year.

God bless,  rusty aka marty