Was Re: [at-l] Not hiking related Now?

>AT-L = "all things liberal"
>
>Onestep

Actually this is a list about hiking, particularly hiking the AT and
hiking in general.  Sometime we wander a bit, but generally we
try to stay away from politics and religion.  I have met all types
of people on the trail and there are a number of people on this
list of various religious beliefs and political bent.  Don't stir up
the flames, keep the topic to hiking.

I have dropped off of the list to work with a group of ten people
(the gang of ten) on writing some issue papers about local
politics.  I am the only progressive athiest of the group, we
have a number of religions represented including one Hindu and
one Taoist and our political bent ranges from Libertarian to
Progress.  It is amazing to learn, that for the most part, that we
all have the same concerns on local issues.  We do talk about
state politics and we have agreed not to talk about National
Politics.  We tend to stay away from hot button issues though
we have spent several weeks looking at school vouchers and
the accountability of private schools.  So let us look at the
politics that affect the trail and remember to think globally but
act locally.  It is the only way to keep ones self sane.

To keep this hiking related, I need to hike 266 miles of the AT
this year to stay on target to complete the whole AT before I
retire.  I figure that maybe I have a good 15 yrs of hiking left
and there are a lot of other trails that I want to hike.

Peace

Grey Owl