[at-l] Shaw's WILL BE OPEN for 2006

I keep meaning to check out this whiteblaze.net; now that I'm a cripple, I have to live vicariously "thru" others...
-"Camo"

From: Snodrog5@aol.com

From: bennett.ken at gmail.com (Ken Bennett)
Date: Sat Mar 11 15:03:41 2006
Subject: [at-l] stove

On Mar 11, 2006, at 10:25 AM, <gypsy97@bellsouth.net>
<gypsy97@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Does anyone use the Snow Peak Titanium Giga Power Stove?
> Recommendations?  Comments?

Nice little stove. Burns well. I like to use the MSR Isopro fuel
rather than the Snow Peak fuel for better performance in cold weather.

One little quirk -- in order to get the stove to fit in its little
case, you have to open the fuel valve about 1/4 turn. I always forget
to close it again until I hear the gas coming out as I screw it onto
a canister. Kinda bad design, IMO. But you'll get used to it.

Other similar stoves:

Brunton Raptor
Varga Ti canister stove
Coleman Exponent F-1 Ultralight

The Coleman did very well in testing over at Backpackinglight.com
(http://tinyurl.com/omazu), and it's only $40. I tested the Raptor
for BGT last year, and liked it enough to still be using it (http://
tinyurl.com/pnvwp).

(membership required for the BPL site)