[at-l] Tell me...what do you think?

In a message dated 2/28/2006 8:16:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jim.bullard@gmail.com writes:
*
*
*
Were you there? (I'll wager you weren't)

I was. My impression of Warren's remarks as one who was present, were
very different from your comments above. From the reaction of the
crowd there I feel safe in saying that the majority present reacted
much the same as I. But then (to be charitable) perhaps Warren is,
like you, simply a  misunderstood knight in shining armour who has a
bad habit of tripping over his own tongue. Perhaps you both need to
learn to state your positions more clearly with fewer sprinkles of
hatred toward those innocents who suffer from being in the crossfire
of battles they weren't part of.

Whatever, it was a case of rubbing salt into open emotional wounds.
Anyone who thinks that is an appropriate response to the situation
needs a course in remedial Psy101. It was tasteless, tactless, rude,
impolite, hurtful, impolitic and served no good purpose whatsoever.
Abraham Lincoln once said "The best way to get rid of an enemy is to
make him your friend". Warren made no friends with his reading and
remarks. I suspect from subsequent reaction that he did make some
enemies.
*
*
*

               I wouldn't have done it. The people who took the towers down
were operating under what I would call unsound thinking (not trying to
understate it).

        But compared to what I said, I feel safe estimating that I'm in the
neighborhood. Trying to remember what people were saying about TP and tolerance
of opinions etc...

*