[at-l] Controlled Burn

Well, the head ranger just came by the house to tell me they were burning the longleaf pine forest behind my house again today, the wind and humidity were perfect.

He also told me that several of the old-growth longleaf pines behind my house were actually 456 years old! That's older than Clyde Dodge! That's even older than Weary!

They know this from core borings taken awhile back."It's really a natural treasure," Scott said. "There aren't many longleafs that old anymore, just some in Florida and costal preserves."

Today they are burning the section right next to my house.  Right at the property line. I can really see where NIMBY comes from. I support the controlled burnings wholeheartedly, because I've seen the results. It's still unnerving.
Give me courage!

HoseinHand Shoe