[at-l] Tell me...what do you think?

In a message dated 2/21/2006 3:35:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jim.bullard@gmail.com writes:
*
*
*
I don't think anyone distrespects Warren as a "trail figure" but he
disturbed quite a few people over his choice of poetry at the opening
of the 2001 Gathering in the aftermath of 9/11. He came into the
discussion of "those who resort to supported hikes will be the
laughing stock of the AT" only to illustrate the fallacy of that
assertion, not to imply that he was.

Unfortunately, as often happens on the list (and I suppose any mail
list) the remark got morhed into something that was never intended.
*
*
*

            Yeah, Warren takes a lot of gratuitous flak on Whiteblaze from
the usual suspects. I would guess it is because he dared suggest the Trail party
culture was a detriment.

            As far as his poetry Warren has taken on one of the worst mobs
possible.

*