[at-l] Music of Nature

We're reading "Ode to a Nightingale" in my English Lit class tomorrow, so I
went web-surfing for an mp3 of a nightingale singing. I happened upon the
coolest web page from the British Library's website: Listen to Nature (
http://www.bl.uk/collections/sound-archive/listentonature/soundstax/groups.html).
You can play all sorts of animal sounds in addition to birds. The recordings
seem to come from all over the world (but mostly England), and it includes a
1910 recording of a nightingale, said to be the oldest known recording of
that bird singing.

The "musician wren" sounds beautiful and can be found on the same page as
the nightingale (
http://www.bl.uk/collections/sound-archive/listentonature/soundstax/birdwrens.html
).

I was disappointed to see that the site doesn't, however, include many of
the most well-known AT animals (shelter mouse, loon, moose, grouse, snoring
thru-hiker, lekipoleus carbidus tippus, etc.). Still, it's a pretty neat
site, particularly (I would guess) if you are a birder. (Or, if you're bored
at work, you can always play the pigs, cattle, sheep, or monkeys at full
blast as your co-workers walk by ...)

Enjoy!

Waterfall

--
Come visit me!  http://asortofnotebook.blogspot.com

Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.