[at-l] Just Add Hiker Membership Drive

Hi to all.  The gear give-away at Trial Days this year is shaping up to be
bigger and better than last year.

For those of you not familiar with the program it is where you join a trail
organization for the first time or at least donate and that entitles you to
enter for a drawing for gear to be held at Trail Days.

This is the 3rd year.  The first year was about $700 of gear to one winner,
the second over $1500 to 3 and this year so far will be over $2000 to at
least 3 main winners and 7 other goodie bags to be given away.

The Loot so far (in no particular order):

Gossamer Gear - Mariposa Pack
Enertia Trail Foods - 2 sampler packs
ULA - a Catalyst Pack
Sarah Svien - 2 Freezer Bag Cooking books
Jacks R Better - 8 x 8 silnylon tarp, compression sack, self tensioning
lines
Douglas Moorse - 2 DVD's 2000 Miles To Maine
Fanatic Fringe - Polarguard 3D Sleeping Quilt
Open Country - Food Dehydrator and 50 piece camping cook set
Big Sky Products - Better-Than-Fleece Warm-N-Cozy Convertable Jacket
Vargo Titanium - 6 pack of titanium stakes, Triad Stove, Jet-Ti stove, and a
TiLite Mug
AntiGravityGear - 1 8 x 10 silnylon tarp, 3 Mama's Kitchen Deluxe sets with
both size neoprene covers, 10 sets Mapdanas, and a bunch of other gear off
the shelf.
Art of the Trail - Framed and signed trail photo by Spur.

Hennessy Hammocks donated a complete sleeping system last year and I am
waiting to hear from them about this year but they are in New Zealand right
now. Should hear from them and others soon.  If I left anyone out my
apologies and please contact me.  My record keeping leaves a lot to be
desired.  Updates as they arrive.  Please let me know if you are a vendor
and would like to participate in this worthy effort.  Last year there were
over 300 new memberships by some accounts that were the result of this
program.
Thanks,
Tin Man