[at-l] Tell me...what do you think?

I went and looked at the bighike site, and I think it sounds great.
I don't know that I'd do a whole thru-hike that way, but I really
like the idea of having pre-arranged rides into town, support people
to help me out if groceries are unavailable, etc.  I don't need
anybody to cook my meal every night, but some of the things they do
would be awesome for me.  :)  Like having town clothes ready for when
I go to town.  That'd be cool.  Carried in my pack, town clothes
eventually pick up a certain odor, if you know what I mean.

I really liked Pittsburgh's shuttle service last year for much the
same reason - a ride I could depend on, so I didn't have to hitchhike
and try to figure out who's a serial killer.  Not that I got much
practice with that part - of the few times somebody has actually
stopped for me, all but one was a hiker or a hiker's parent who had
just shuttled their kid somewhere.  For a very non-threatening
looking person, I have the worst time hitchhiking.

When I go down to do my Smokies section, I might have to look these
folks up.  :)

-amy