[at-l] Tell me...what do you think?

This discussion reminds me of a Sci Fi short story I read once. I
think it was called "Forgetfulness" or something like that. It was one
of those Obi Wan Kenobi type things... "it depends on your point of
view".

My attitude toward hiking is that I do it the way it works  for me and
I couldn't care less for someone else's approval of how I do it. FWIW
that is an attitude I recommend highly for getting the most out of
*your* hikes.