[at-l] OT - latest Cheney shooting news

I really DO like the concept of "the smoking gun" web site . . .
Now, here's a question:
WHY AREN'T ALL COURT RECORDS AVAILABLE FOR SEARCH BY THE PUBLIC ON THE
INTERNET?
They are "public" after all and criminal courts in particular are "public"
in a way that civil courts are not . . .
Way back when everyone lived in walking or a horse ride's distance from
the court, and there were no computers, it made sense to say, "you have to
go to the court to view the records; they're open to everyone."  But now,
25 odd years after the inet came into being and the basic technology
exists to make it available on every desk top, people balk . . . WHY?
What's so PRIVATE about a criminal accusation, trial, and verdict? This,
after all, is "the state" --- YOU AND ME (through our representatives) ---
making the accusation . . . yup YOU are the prosecutor, YOU are the Judge,
and YOU are the jury ... through your representatives . . . this OUR
system . . . this is government BY THE PEOPLE . . . a true "PEOPLES
REPUBLIC" ---
WHY AREN'T ALL COURT RECORDS AVAILABLE FOR SEARCH BY THE PEOPLE ON THE