From: Richard Mann <yugrekih@yahoo.com>
To: shane@theplacewithnoname.com; at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Sent: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 22:50:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [at-l] beginners caution...

Pittsburgh stated (in reference to beginning a thru):

> I recommend that you begin in April...

Shane asks:

What do you recommend for someone who hates the cold?

Pittsburgh remarks:

Glad you asked.  First answer - hike in Florida.  But for the AT -
leave Springer in late April or early May - hike to Harpers Ferry -
flop to Katahdin - hike to Harpers Ferry.  This way you can read all of
the shelter register entries in the first half of your hike going
North, then meeti and greet (some of) those folks in the second half of
your hike as you pass them going South...

/\
\//\ Pittsburgh
/\\/
\/