[at-l] A Knotty Bunch of Questions

Other than a taut line hitch for pitching your tent, which you can tie at
the beginning of the trail and never need to tie again, whatever hitch you
use to hang the occasional bear bag, and having to tie your shoes every
morning <g>, I don't remember a great call for knots along the trail. I'm
sure you could complete the trail tieing nothing more than granny knots, it
might not always be the most convenient knot, but it  usually works <g>
(I've got the Boy Scouts choking now)

skeeter