[at-l] why...

In a message dated 2/7/2006 5:55:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
athiker@smithville.net writes:

How long  does it take coffee to cool in a cup? I can't remember ever
waiting more  than about 30 seconds...and, it seems like 3 minutes later,
I'm heating it  up in the microwave...

Well, it depends upon the temperature in the room or on the trail.  On  a
very hot day (when some might not want hot coffee) it might stay warmer longer
but on a cold day in winter it might be better to not use a saucer.  In  fact,
I wouldn't use a saucer in any circumstance but there are folks who have
gotten used to that method of cooling their hot coffee.  Then there are  some who
just like to slurp from a saucer whether the liquid is hot or cold (or  even
tepid).

Of course, if you have a microwave on the AT or any other trail for that
matter, you might as well use it -- no use lugging the thing up Sassafras if
you're not going to use it.

Skylander Jack