[at-l] Let the Adventure Begin

One of the big uncertainties in heading out for the trail this year was our
house.  We had three choices:  sell it, rent it, or hire someone to maintain
it and hope for the best.  We had offered it to one of the kids to rent for
a couple of years, and they were interested, but ultimately the difference
in school districts caused that idea to fall through.  Renting to strangers
is too uncertain, and didn't really offer any advantages since we know we
don't want to live in this area in the future.  So we decided to sell.
Everyone says the market is slowing, it's a buyers market now.  So here we
are, leaving in a little over two months and we decide to put the house on
the market.  Who knew how long it would take?  I was really worried.
(Frankly, I drove Jim crazy with, "What if it doesn't sell?  What if no one
even looks at it?  What if we can't go hiking?")

So what happens?  Friday they put our house on the MRIS system.  Friday
afternoon someone looked at it.  Saturday they made an offer.  Today we
finalized it.  One day, one buyer, and it's sold.  Others looked over the
weekend who were interested - but too late.   I can't believe it!  As it
was, I felt that we asked too much.  The house is 40 years old after all -
who knew?  I know I liked it, but would someone else see in it what we did?
Evidently she came, she saw, she liked and she bought.  So now we can begin
our new adventure.  Hurray.

Ginny

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/