[at-l] Catching up!

I really miss all my AT hiker friends!

I felt so badly that I had to miss the SoRUCK.  We had even been talking
about trying to make the other RUCK.  But I was still sick.  I ended up
spending a week in the hospital after being rushed by ambulance after a
suspected heart attack.  I had been having diarrhea for a full month.
My EKG was abnormal but now it appears that was because my Potassium was
so low because of the fluid loss and dehydration.  I spent two days in
the ICU, transferred to the Cardiac Monitoring Unit.  They had ruled out
a heart attack but, because of all the other irregularities, I ended up
having a Colonoscopy and Upper GI and Exploratory.  They put me under
for that and, as I was coming out of the sedation I had a very severe
asthma attack.  Everyone was running around giving me IV pushes,
breathing treatments etc.  I was having a terrible time breathing and it
was so frightening.

The found a Hiatal Hernia and Diverticulosis.  They took several
biopsies and we are waiting for results.  I am home now but still having
to take 2-3 Immodium a day.  It is very frustrating!  But, other than
feeling a bit weak, I am doing so much better.

I had just gotten into a very great exercise routine with my two
daughters who are here in Florida.  We were taking long walks and riding
our bikes.  Then I just got sick almost overnight.  Had done a 15 mile
bike ride with daughters just the day before.  So what is going on is
still a bit of a mystery.  Just got back from the hospital day before
yesterday and going to try and start some short walks again soon.  My
energy level is so low right now.

As I was reading many of the posts (many more to go!) I felt so
disconnected from everyone.  I feel like I am missing out on so much!
But we are planning to be at Traildays and I sure hope that works out.

The thing that bothers me the most is that I have NOT lost my appetite.
You would think that, with all that is going on, I would not feel hungry
and would get very skinny.  Just not happening......and I don't think
that is fair.  I probably have lost a few pounds because of all the days
of clear liquid diet etc., but I am sure I will find them since I cannot
keep up the exercise at the moment.

Anyhow.....wanted to touch base and wish everyone the best.  Hope I can
soon catch up with you,  hike with you vicariously until I get in better
shape and hiking back on my own again.

Hugs, Hummingbird