[at-l] OT House Saga

>### Another hiker gone bad....   sloetoe (slumlord)

Man, no kidding!
Setting a household up, at least, has sure put a crimp in my wandering ways.
And set the checkbook to smoking.
Time will tell if things will settle down to a dull roar.
One inveterate hiker friend gives me a constant hard time about having carpet lint in my trail runner treads.

On the otherhand, being permanently homeless really sucked, post-trail. For me.

Everything has a price.
Still playing with the balance.
The garden and shrub-planting helps. So do the sandy trails and old-growth pines next door.

Shoester of the Shed

PS Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you long-married retired types have the best of all worlds - a secure mate at home tending the home fires, picking up the mail, happily doing their own thing and pushing you out the door - "Go, hike already!"
;-)

--- Shane Steinkamp <shane at theplacewithnoname.com>