[at-l] SORUCK History and reflections

So were is Kelly when we need here (for legal advice).  Orange
Bug has some very valid points.  In many ways we have
connections with ALDHA (the RUCK dates are posted and
reports from the RUCKs are presented to the meetings).

On the other hand (what does one say when they have only one
hand?) I would hate to see it too well organized, after all we are
hiker trash.  Considering there is very little planning, things get
organized, schedules are made at the meeting site etc (Though
I hear Brown and Willliam's profits jump this quater because of
all the extra cigerettes Sly smoked while working behind the
scenes).

I am going to bring this up at the mothe of all Rucks and get
some input.  I am a member of ALDHA, but I don't attend the
meetings.  I will try to poll the ALDHA members this weekend.

My biggest concern is organizing and planning.  The Owens are
planning on being on the trail next year and I have heard
Rumors that Sly would like to be on the trail next year.  I am
going to see what we can do about organizing a RUCK
committee at th PA RUCK.  I don;t think that we will outgrow
the Hostel for a number of years and we do not have to make
reservations way ahead of time which was probably SLy's
biggest headache.  Enough of this rambling

Grey Owl