[at-l] Get your AT condo now!

Speaking of commercialization, an *email* from Cheryl concerning a
conversation she had with a co-worker that lives at Wolf Laurel Resort seen from Big
Bald....

CITIZEN-TIMES.com: Board backs rezoning in Laurel Valley
?
I am not on any lists anymore and I am hoping you will share this.
?
Here is a link to the development that will threaten the AT in the Sam's Gap
area.? The meeting was last night and one of my co-workers attended.? Here is
her recap:
?
1.? They are planning on building 500 homes, retail establishments, grocery
store, shopping center, golf course.
?
2.? They have no plans to do anything about spill water during construction.
?
3.? They have no plans for garbage collection or upgrading the dump in the
area which is already almost filled to capacity.
?
4.? No drains or gutters.
?
5.? No updating sewage lines.
?
6.? The developer is out of Florida and the contractors are from New York
City and they did not display to her any knowledge of mountain construction or
the problems they would bring such as landslides during heavy rains.? They did
not know that the area was known for being windy.
?
7.? They are not planning on fixing any existing bridges which were not
constructed for heavy construction vehicles or developing any roads to allow for
additional traffic.
?
She was not aware of any AT representative at the zoning hearing.
?
?
?
????????? Cheryl