[at-l] an 'XP' question? no way

It sounds like your browser has ben hijaacked. There are several good free
anti spyware programs out there that will un-hijaack it for you. Be careful
though, there are a few programs that purport to be anti-spyware programs
that are exactly the opposite, such as PSGuard (which under NO circumstances
should you have anything to do with).

Lee I Joe

Once I knew where I was going, but now I have  forgotten.  Sometimes my mind
wanders.  Sometimes it goes alone, and other times it takes me along...this
isn't one of those times...