[at-l] Boogle my mind

In a message dated 1/19/2006 3:57:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ellen@clinic.net writes:

"I find  it peculiar that an awful lot of Americans who would be outraged by
the  burning of the American flag are positively sanguine about the trampling
of  the Constitution," Bob Herbert, NYT. Jan. 19,  2006.

Isn't the proscribed method of disposing of The American Flag that of
burning it?

Those who are opposed to Flag Burning are reacting to the disrespect toward
the symbol of our Nation.  To burn the flag in an act of  protest is a
treasonous act born out of malice and is done by people who  are opposed to our
government.  We have a republic type of government,  which gives us the right and
ability to elect our representatives to govern the  Country -- the USA -- and
just because there is a lack of intelligence limiting  the ability to write
letters to representatives informing them of one's  views does not give the right
to alternatively desecrate our Flag.

Anarchy is not the way to establish good government.

Skylander