[at-l] Wind Farm Proposed at DeHart Dam

camojack@comcast.net wrote:

>So, alternative energy is good...but not if we have to see it being produced.
>
>WTF?!
>
>-"Camo"

>From: Steve Landis <s.landis@comcast.net>
>

>>*http://tinyurl.com/c8qk9*
>>also
>>*http://tinyurl.com/7kkgc
>>*...
>>"The Rush Twp. property is mostly remote mountain land, but is close to
>>Fort Indiantown Gap and the Appalachian Trail."
>>"The wind strengths on the ridges above DeHart Dam range from 12.5 to
>>15.7 mph, earning them a U.S. Department of Energy rank of "marginal" to
>>"fair."
>>
>>Steve

Exactly, that is the problem. The energy can be produced (probably)
where it is being consumed but people in the cities, burbs or along the
coast do not want to see the turbines. There is also a huge loss of
power as it is being transmitted, the closer to the consumer the more
efficient the power system.
The only people that will defend the wilderness are the ones that
appreciate it.
John