[at-l] Iodine???

Article on wikipedia about water purification (broad, but with some
information for us):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_purification

Here's an interesting paragraph:

The main drawback in using chlorine gas or sodium hypochlorite is that
these react with organic compounds in the water to form trihalomethanes
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Trihalomethanes&action=edit>
(THMs) and haloacetic acids, both of which are carcinogenic and
regulated by the U.S. EPA. The formation of THMs and haloacetic acids is
minimized by effective removal of as many organics from the water as
possible before disinfection. Formerly, it was common practice to
chlorinate the water at the beginning of the purification process, but
this practice has mostly been abandoned to minimize the production of THMs.

Didn't know that...

Also, the article points out that Iodine doesn't kill Crypto (must be
the damn cysts) ,which I've had- and I really don't want to get again.

-Ryan