  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Slyatpct@aol.com

  In a message dated 1/6/2006 11:50:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
  sloetoe@yahoo.com writes:

  > >Anyone that gets sucked into the "traditional" way is playing
  > >a fools game.
  >
  > Alittle extreme, no?

  Perhaps, but how many ways to you want to argue about how to go around a
  blowdown, if you should take the same blue blaze out of a shelter as in, moon the
  cog, ford the river, eat the gallon of ice cream, take a stone, slackpacking,
  old AT, bushwacking OK, etc., etc., etc.?

  What ARE the traditions, who made them up, who followed them?