[at-l] OT - Had to share this one!

Nope.  Being tall is not an advantage on the AT.  It's us tall folks that
walk around with bruises on our foreheads from banging into low hanging
branches that our friends walk under without having to duck.  Then there are
all the shelters with low-hanging roofs that you'll be able to enter with
impunity.  Us tall folks will invariably be proud that we remembered to duck
the first five times in and out of the shelter and then bang into the roof
at 2:00am on our way to the latrine, not only giving ourselves a headache,
but waking up the entire shelter in the process.

Ow!!!

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor