Ah! For Tradition!!! Re: [at-l] Approach Trail to Springer

--- Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 1/6/2006 11:50:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> sloetoe@yahoo.com writes:
> > >Anyone that gets sucked into the "traditional" way is
> playing a fools game.
> > Alittle extreme, no?
> >

> Perhaps, but how many ways to you want to argue about how to
> go around a blowdown, if you should take the same blue blaze
out of a shelter as in, moon the cog, ford the river, eat the
gallon of ice cream, take a stone, slackpacking, old AT,
bushwacking OK, etc., etc., etc.?
### How many ways? Ten thousand. Or until we both go hoarse, or
we get to the bottom of that bottle of Bushmills you're holding
in your hands. What? No bottle of Bushmills in your hands???
Wellllllll.

> What ARE the traditions, who made them up, who followed them?
### We all follow 'em (or break 'em, or evolve 'em).
### We all made 'em up (we old pharts, Sly -- You're going on
almost 10 years an AT throughhiker)
### What ARE the traditions? You got a great start there, and
it's late enough I can't think of any more.

Dang. Sorry. Dyin' out.
Bushmills. Ask me again.
Inna week's time.
travelintoe