From: "Jim Smith" <jsmith@wate.com>
To: "Carol Donaldson" <carol1944@brmemc.net>; <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: 01/06/2006 2:02 PM
Subject: [at-l] Smokies snow (was: Warehouse Hearing - Silver
SpringTownship, PA - OT reply)

Got a few flakes, that's about it.

As of this morning, there was one inch of snow at Newfound Gap and six
at Mt. LeConte. That's a lot less than when I was up that way two weeks
ago.

I'm planning a hike from Newfound Gap to Clingman's Dome and back this
weekend. Tried to do that trip last Friday, but rangers closed US 441
because of ice. So we had to "settle" for a hike out of Elkmont. Very
enjoyable, just the same.

jns

In a message posted to AT-L on Thursday, January 05, 2006 at  9:59 PM ,
Coosa asked:

Is it snowing on the AT in the Smokies tonight?