[at-l] You gotta read this!

In a message dated 1/6/2006 12:43:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tfort@jam.rr.com writes:

> this particular fight has been going on for yrs.  It's all about
> promises the government made decades ago.  We *are* suppose to be true
> to our word.
>

>From another forum...

"The actual purpose of the road in the 1943 Agreement was to replace
theflooded-out highway and restore access to Bryson City from the west.This purpose
was essentially fulfilled by the construction of NC 28 on the south side of the
lake.

The park service is willing to run the ferry for the families as long as they
want to visit. I hope common sense prevails and a cash settlement is made to
Swain County."

If the above is true, imo, the obligations have been met.

Sly