[at-l] Warehouse Hearing - Silver Spring Township, PA

> "Silver Spring Township has agreed to lift the stop work order issued
> against the Golden Triangle Industrial Park in exchange for the
> developer paying $200,000 toward a new traffic signal at Louis Parkway
> and Appalachian Drive.
> Under the settlement, the building will remain at its current location
> -- about 30 feet further west than what was approved in the land
> development plan recorded at Cumberland County Courthouse."
>
> Steve
This is the kind of settlement that really bothers me.  If you get upset because big business is going over seas you need only look at this type of bribe paying to see why.  If they spent 200,000 to buy protected land because they infringed on protected land I could understand.  This is straight out Blackmail.  How far of a stretch is it for companies to pay officials campaign contributions to get laws passed that help them ?

ClydeFrom garyticknor at starpower.net  Wed Jan  4 16:18:47 2006
From: garyticknor at starpower.net (Gary Ticknor)
Date: Wed Jan  4 16:25:48 2006
Subject: [at-l] OT - Had to share this one!

It's the Washington Post >>STYLE<< Invitational.

- Greenbriar, of the Greater Washington Metro Area