[at-l] Hardy Northbounder on the way

Hello, all!

 Check out   www.mountwashington.org for January 2's
message from a Mount Washington Observatory Intern,
finishing up her 5 weeks there. She has travel plans
for March.

The auto road temperature gradient graphic is also fun
to see.

I just picked up some Outdoor Research Crocodile
Alpine gaiters. The construction seemed more attentive
to detail and strength..(two rows of stitching on the
Velcro, for example) than others at similar cost and
weight.

I'm still interested in the area of psychological
conditioning and techniques for long distance hiking
success. I'd welcome list comments, or off-list emails
too. Books? Articles? Schools of scientific thought?
Something a little deeper than, "one step at a time,
repeat until done". I know that technique, but what
else might experienced long distance hikers tell me?

Thanks for any suggestions.

James W. Jones

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com