[at-l] Slide conversion to digital

> Through put runs around 6 minutes per slide.  This includes some minor
> image editing before storage.

I haven't shot a roll of film in five years, but I used to scan a ton
of slides and negs for publication (read: large files and sometimes
lots of post-scan work). When I really got going, without distractions
(turn off the phone, ignore my coworkers, close my email), on a fast
computer, without too much post-scan work, I could average about 10
good scans an hour -- that's one every six minutes. I was using a good
desktop slide scanner (not a flatbed), the quickest available at the
time, and using the built-in dust-reduction tool, which saves a TON of
retouching.

So your time is reasonable for what you are doing, IMO.

--

Ken Bennett
http://www.wfu.edu/~bennettk/hiking