[at-l] One Year Leave of Absence?

Actually, a thru-hike is one of the cheaper things you can do on a leave of
absence <g>.
That's how I did my hike. The guys at work had a lot of questions when I got
back, and not about hiking. How can you afford to do that? (Don't own
anything and don't owe anybody money). What about all the lost pay? (It's
not lost if you spend it all on living expenses - you only lose what you
would have saved). Best of all was when they asked how much it cost me, and
I could see the gears spinning as they calculated that I went and played for
six months on what they would have spent on a week long cruise with the
wife...

skeeter