[at-l] Maine Wind Farms

I always find this subject interesting each time that it is brought
up.  The US government is interested in the security of the
energy grid, but they do not dictate where and how the grid
should be built.  That is decided by the power companies and
the local or state governments.  That is why I always think
globaly but act locally.  Go ahead with your conspiracy theories,
but it does all come down to money.  The federal government
has cut taxes, this is good.  The amount of money that is
returned to the states is reduced.  This is bad.  A lot of state
governments have cut state taxes to return money to its
citizens.  This is good.  But now they don't have money for
eductation, medicare or medicaid.  This is bad.  XYZ power
company says that they will build a wind farm at such and such
location and will generat $X of taxes.  Is this good?  Do you
wan the taxs to pay for your medicare medicai or do you not
want the wind farm and let your great grand children pay off
your medical expenses?  There are no simple answers and the
answer given on this list have clearly demonstrated that few, if
any, put their mind in gear before they put their mouth in gear.
That is all I going to say.

Bob Grey Owl Dudley

Oh, before you blame the republicrats take a look in the mirror.