[at-l] OT: building a good firewall

All that is true, and a major reason my all my home family laptops run
OS X.  But if you did not have the software firewall enabled and you
plugged straight into the Internet, or used a coffee house wi-fi
network, and you had services running, and listening, I could
potentially cause a denial-of-services attack of one variety or
another.  I also might be able to load your computer with miliatary
base diagrams and bomb making how-to files and call the FBI, or, oh,
PRINT JIBBERISH ON ALL THE PAPER IN YOUR PRINTER!!!
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a stretch, yes, but just because you run OS X doesn't mean you
can totally forget about security.

Gosh do I ever need to get away from all this stuff and decompress out
in the woods for a bit.

Greg