[at-l] Digitize video

I've been digitizing the video for Weathercarrot for the 25th DVD next year.
I've been running into the problem of getting heavy digitization, "blurry"
images when he brings them up to full screeen size.  The software that comes
with my camera converts everything into 320*240 while normal dvd quality is
640*480.  When he doubles the image size it doubles the number of pixels
that are being shown and makes for very blurry images.

Does anybody know of a way to be able to capture the video at 640*480, I
thought I could probably do it with Adobe After Effects but I found out that
it doesn't even have capture capability with it like I thought it did.

Thanks,
MEANT 2B