[at-l] mystery loops

Michelle Ray wrote : "There are two little loops on the bottom of the
pack--a lot of packs have them but I've never needed to use them and
haven't really put too much thought into what they were for or how
they're used. But now I have a sudden BURNING NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE
HECK THOSE LITTLE LOOPS ARE FOR!?!?"

I suspect they are to hang your ice axe, hammer or other climbing
gear. Kelty features them in many of their packs. I assume you mean
the canvas loops. There are also some hard plastic coated loops for
attaching ropes and them thingies for anchoring into rock.

At least that was what the EMS folks told me.

The mystery bothered me so much that I removed them.

OrangeBug