[at-l] gmail

At 02:05 PM 12/14/2005 -0500, Bror8588@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 12/14/2005 12:06:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:
>FWIW privacy in *any* email is strongly suspect. I don't say anything on
>line I wouldn't say in public because it *is* public. Even so called
>private emails can be "overheard" by those who know how. If you are afraid
>someone will see it and use it against you... don't type it.
>I have gmail and wrote some stuff to my sister who passed it on to her
>daughter and when I got a reply the back and forth messages between sister
>and her daughter got included in a response which I was not supposed to
>see, but I did get the copy.  If you want something to be private then a
>snail mail can make that happen to a certain extent.
>
>My only regret with gmail is that sometimes the system gets screwy and for
>a while I could not open my site.  I never have a problem with AOL.
>
>Skylander Jack

FWIW I've occasionally had trouble opening the Gmail site. I found it
was  conflict with my firewall. Shut down the firewall temporarily and,
voila', it works. Actually I've had all sorts of trouble that turned out to
be firewall conflicts. I cannot ever open Adobe Photoshop with the firewall
(EZ Armor) running. Again, shut down the firewall, start Photoshop then
restart the firewall and everything is copacetic. If you're having problems
you might look at the firewall.