[at-l] Warehouse Hearing - Silver Spring Township, PA

My wife likes to watch a program on TV called "Flip This House". The
premise is that the star, a developer, buys a rundown house does a one wekk
make over and resells at a ridiculous profit. I watched one with her a
couple of nights ago where he bought a place in NC on the water and ran
afoul of the county because he was bothering with building permits, etc.
His attitude (stated on camera) was "Let them fine me a couple thousand
dollars. I don't care I'll make way more than that on the resale". The only
thing that convinced him to halt work and follow the rules was a threat of
arrest and jail. Eventually the project went forward and he turned a $190K
profit on the house.

Moral? A lot of these guys take the attitude that the fine is cheaper than
compliance. In this case they should be forced to move the warehouse to the
agreed upon location. Making them pay the costs of enforcement as well is a
good idea. If a few people actually lose money as a result of their
defiance of the rules, maybe they will get the message. They should not get
away with it.