[at-l] Thruhiker quiz

I worded it wrong.  I meant completed the trail.  It was 1999.

From: sloetoe at yahoo.com (Sloetoe)
Date: Tue Dec 13 12:05:41 2005
Subject: [at-l] New Year's Eve 50k Appalachian Trail Run/Hike to Springer
	Mtn.

WHO:
Maybe you. Me, at least.

WHAT:
31 mile/50k run/hike of the Appalachian Trail from Neels Gap,
Georgia to the Springer Mtn summit endpoint, self-supported,
water sources on route.

WHERE:
North Eastern Georgia; ~90 minutes from Atlanta.

WHY:
To be in the right sort of mood to spend the night with 1-3
dozen other hikers, campers, finishing southbound Appalachian
Trail throughhikers, silly-starting northbound Appalachian Trail
throughhikers, trail angels, assorted others.

HOW:
Depends all on you. The trail is rolling, some extended
climbs/descents, broad treadway, very runnable. Very hikable,
too: last year, a finishing southbound throughhiker
("Underpants!"), wishing to make up a 0-day he took (sick) at
Neels Gap, hiked the remainder of the trail, with his 2000-miler
pooch (carrying *her* own supplies, too), and finished easily
before nightfall.

Anyone interested in carpooling, camping, running/hiking all or
part (there's always the little stroll from Amicalola Falls,
eh), should respond onlist AND directly to me, as this is going
to 8 different mailing lists. Hmmm. Make that 9.

On-on!
OhSantaBinHikin'

Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.