[at-l] Fleece hats again, Malden Mills Polartec 200

:: Since starting this project, Christmas '01, I've made 200 hats to
:: give away. The design is a 4-panel top, watch-cap with a band that
:: can fold up to double thickness. The material is top-level Malden
:: Mills Polartec-200, straight from the factory in Lawrence, MA.
::
I make mine as a 1-piece unit. It takes about 20" x 24" of fleece. I first
sew it into a tube, wrong-side-out, then turn the tube right-side-out to
hide the seam. I then sew the ends of the seam togethersew the top together
in three seams, 15-20 degree angle downward per seam, trim, turn out and
grin. After making a good number of them, they look nearly commercial. I
also make a matching turtleneck for each hat. I got the design idea for both
of them from a Turtle Fur hat and turtleneck collar that I bought my wife.

Maybe we should trade a set, just to see how other folks are making them? I
just bought about 60 bucks worth of fleece yesterday to make enough to give
to all my relatives! I believe that they'll love 'em. I also bought two
different colors of fleece to make my not-yet-born granddaughter a baby
blanket. It'll be about 60 x 70 finished, and she'll probably be the only
baby in the nursery with a VERY warm binkie that her PaPa made for her.  :-)

Let me know if you want to trade a hat for one of my sets. Heck, I can just
give you a set, even if you run out of hats!

Merry Christmas,
FrankenLooper the Nightwalker

P.S. to all. I'm leaving tonight or early AM to go to Amicalola and
hike-and-map the GA AT. It's my 3rd Georgia this year, my first that
includes the approach trail, and will probably be the best one 'cause it'll
be COLD! I will be seeing Dale America and Pittsia at some time during the
hike, and am just as excited as I get every time I go out for a hike.  :-)