[at-l] On the how was, too.

Quoting rcli4@comcast.net:

> Wood burning stoves are not all that green.  I grew up in a area called
> Pleasant Valley.  When it got cold and everyone fired up their woodstove it
> wasn't very pleasant.  Here is one studies version of the truth
>
> http://burningissues.org/

I am skeptical of nearly every 'fact' presented there...and, most places.

> Natural gas burning Clyde
>
> This doesn't even take into account the damage done to the environment to
> harvest the wood.

And....that natural gas just rises naturally into your house? Or, is that what
all those damned pipelines, with their 50 foot swaths through the woods, I just
crossed in PA were toting around?

>When just a few burn wood the impact is minimal but can
> you imagine if millions burned wood and "efficient" methods were used to
> harvest vast quantities.

Isn't that true of anything? The millions of us using oil is exactly why
they're wanting to drill more wells in alaska. (And, my way of 'harvesting' my
wood probably has a positive impact on things...I get paid to haul it away from
Mellencamps)