[at-l] What does it take to be a thru hiker

>> Finally I should add that you will get the hike thatyou
>deserve
>> and it may not be the one you want.
>### What a HUGE statement.

It is a huge statement, but I believe that attitude has a lot to do
with it.  For the most part the people on the trail and the people
one finds off the trail are decent people.  However if a hiker is a
jerk he will alienate both groups of people and will end up with
a miserable hike (i.e the hike she/he deserved).  And may I
add the one that individual did not want.

Adversity is a great character builder or character destroyer.
Lord knows that I have have seen enough adversity in Nam and
I know that it has made me a better person and a lot stronger
person.  However there were others whose life were totally
destoryed.  The stress of hiking the trail has the same effect on
the hiker.  There is a third group who are totally oblivious to the
stress around them.  These however are very few and far
between.  So the trail can shape you and the direction can be
either positive or negative (Hey life ain't fair).

Me I am off to home and hearth.

Bob Grey Owl Dudley