[at-l] Re: Hiking the A.T.

I'd start somewhere down south, and since the days are long, plan on either
Springer to Damascus (450 miles) , Damascus to Harpers Ferry (550 miles) or
Harpers Ferry to MA Rt2 (570 miles).  Of course, coming out of the box, I
wouldn't actually plan on reaching my destination in any case, except for perhaps the
1st.  But since you're young....

The 1st and the 3rd sections will have less hikers with the middle having the
most, as that stretch, at that time will be inundated with thru-hikers.
Other than that, all should be as equally rewarding.

Sly