[at-l] Truman Ingalsbe

Quoting greyowl@rcn.com:

> This message is for Felix, but should be of interest to the hiking community.
>  Truman
> Ingalsebe passed away this morningfrom cancer.  Truman was an AT thru hiker
> (don't know histrail name nor the year) who often spoke at the Lehigh Valley
> Group
> of the Delaware ValleyChapter of the AMC.  He also had a Sunday morning show
>
> called meanderings on WDIY.  He would read selective readings from an
> outdoors
> adventure book, maybe an AT Trail journal, or from a canoeing journal.  He
> loved the
> open road, Larry MacMurtry and his son James

This is sad news indeed. I believe that he hiked in 1983. I can't remember his
trailname, either. I'll see if I can find it. Ironically, last night I was
looking at pictures I took of a moose while Truman stood next to me (At
Baldpate Shelter in 2001.) I would say that my conversation that night with
Truman was one of the most interesting conversations I've ever had. The knowing
that I'll never see him again makes me sad.